NAVTA-Approved Veterinary Assistant School and Certification Program
Veterinary Assistant School Curriculum
Animal Behaviour College can prepare you for a professional career in the veterinary field. You’ll learn the fundamentals and requirements as well as gain real world experience in a veterinary hospital or clinic.
Here are the 11 stages that every graduate completes:
- Stage 1 – Veterinary Office Etiquette and Hospital Procedures
- Stage 2 – Animal Restraint
- Stage 3 – Examination Room Procedures
- Stage 4 – Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- Stage 5 – Surgical Preparation and Assisting
- Stage 6 – Small Animal Nursing
- Stage 7 – Laboratory Procedures
- Stage 8 – Radiology and Ultrasound Imaging
- Stage 9 – Career Building
- Stage 10 – Externship and Pet CPR & First Aid Certificate
- Stage 11 – Final Exam and Graduation
ABC is NAVTA-Approved!
Why enroll in any other program when you can learn at a NAVTA-approved vet assistant school? Our curriculum is annually reviewed by registered veterinary technicians who have had decades of experience working with animals. Given the high regard the veterinary community has for the NAVTA approval, getting certified with ABC may be the right step toward your career.
Switching careers doesn’t necessarily mean you quit your day job to return to school. You can study your way into an animal care job by taking our veterinary assistant course online. Make your childhood dream of helping animals a reality at ABC. Contact 1-800-795-3294 for more information.
Taking Animal Behaviour College’s Veterinary Assistant Program offers the following features and benefits:
• Get a veterinary assistant certification. Please note that this certification isn’t required to work as a veterinary assistant. However, it will let veterinary hospitals and clinics know that you are serious and committed to this profession. It also let’s hospitals know that you have an academic background and some experience. This will likely set you apart from those without these key metrics.
• Study at home and online.
• Learn Pet CPR and First Aid with an additional certification included as part of the Veterinary Assistant Program
• Your program manager will be a veterinary technician. This is an extremely relevant and important point. Unlike some schools that offer drop down boxes allowing students to select anything from Accounting to Zamboni repair, ABC specializes in one thing. Animal related careers. This means your program manager will be a licensed veterinary technician and understand what it actually means to work in the veterinary world and what you need to know to do so as well.
• Everything is included. This is another key point. Some schools charge you a low base price but by the time they are done adding things, like textbooks, the price skyrockets. Not here! At ABC the program cost includes everything you will need!
Vet Assistant Tuition & Financing
|Payment Arrangements ($75.00 CAD application fee included below)|
|You Pay||You Save||When you||Payment Method|
|Pay in full by the enrollment deadline – Call us at 800-795-3294 to get the enrollment deadline||Credit card, money order or check|
|$3,770.00 CAD||$2,952.60 CAD||Pay a $1,720.00 CAD initial deposit and pay 5 successive payments of $410.00 CAD||Credit card, money order or check|
|$3,895.00 CAD||$2,827.60 CAD||Pay a $1,265.00 CAD initial deposit and pay 5 successive payments of $526.00 CAD||Credit card, money order or check|
|$3,923.04 CAD||$2,799.56 CAD||Pay a $999.00 CAD initial deposit and pay 12 monthly payments of $243.67 CAD||Credit card, money order, check|
|$6,722.60 CAD||Varies||Pay through a third-party administrator and includes all necessary reporting, invoicing and additional paperwork||Varies|
Real World Vet Assistant Training & Mentor Locations Near You
This is an important part of any veterinary assistant program and worth discussion here. As mentioned earlier it is possible for some people to simply get a job at a hospital and hope to learn enough to make it without formal training. This is certainly a difficult route to take because you will lack the foundational knowledge required. Conversely some people try bargain basement programs that offer little or no hands-on experience. The challenge there is that being a veterinary assistant isn’t something you can learn without firsthand observation and experience in the real world. We believe you need a combination of both academic knowledge AND hands-on which is precisely why both are included in the ABC Veterinary Assistant Program.
ABC has working relationships with over 5,400 veterinary facilities across North America. This too is important. Some people enrol at a school that has a working rapport with a half dozen hospitals. That’s fine until you move across the country and out of their territory. Our territory is all 50 US states and every Canadian province. That means you will be assigned an externship in your area.
Because of our extensive mentor network, you may be able to take this program pretty much anywhere in Canada. Click here to visit our locations page or simply call 1-800-795-3294 and speak with an admissions counsellor directly.
Flexible Schedule & Online Study With Professionals
One of the advantages to this program is that it was designed with busy working people in mind. Taking a portion of this program online means you can study from the comfort and convenience of your home.
Student Support From Veterinary Assistant Professionals In The Field
One of the things that sets this program apart is that all Program Managers have relevant professional experience and licensing as registered veterinary technicians. All students will be assigned a Program Manager who will help you during your journey to becoming a certified Veterinary Assistant.
Pave the Way to a Veterinary Assistant Career Today
Is the Veterinary Assistant Program offered by Animal Behaviour College for you?
That’s a question that only you can answer! If you love animals, are interested in medicine and have a strong desire to work in a hospital or clinic environment this could be the program for you. If you are willing to study consistently and hard to make your dream a reality and you really desire to make a difference in the lives of pets and the people who love them, stop dreaming and start doing! Call us today!
Please note: Animal Behaviour College does not guarantee employment after graduation.
Launch your career in as little as 12 months!